Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Your manuscript has not been previously published, nor is currently under consideration by another journal. Note: all submissions undergo originality screening before being accepted for consideration.
- Your manuscript is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF or WordPerfect document file format.
- All DOIs (preferably) or URLs (if a DOI is not given) for references have been included, along with last access date - where available.
- Your manuscript text is single-spaced in a single column, uses an 11-point font (ideally Calibri or Arial) and employs italics rather than underlining (except for DOI or URLs).
- Any illustrations, figures, images or tables are placed within your manuscript at appropriate points with descriptive captions, along with source citations if appropriate.
- Your manuscript adheres to the basic stylistic, word count and bibliographic requirements outlined in Exchange's Author Guidelines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section, confirm the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed. For Critical Reflections, Conversations or Book Reviews - please check this box anyway - your manuscript will only undergo editorial review.
- Any third-party-owned (copyrighted) material included in your manuscript (e.g., images, illustrations, etc.,) has been identified with appropriate source citation, and if necessary, permission obtained from the rights holder for its inclusion.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY), which permits use and redistribution of the work provided that the original author and source are credited, a link to the license is included, and an indication of changes which were made. Third-party users may not apply legal terms or technological measures to the published article which legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
If accepted for publication authors’ work will be made open access and distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) license unless previously agreed with Exchanges’ Editor-in-Chief prior to submission.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. (see: The Effect of Open Access)
Exchanges will process your personal data as an author, reviewer or registered reader exclusively for the purposes of operating this journal and its associated quality assurance and publication processes. The legal bases for processing this personal data are contract and legitimate interest. As a function of the journal publication process, we will publicly share elements of author's personal data (name, affiliation, contact information) for the purposes of promoting their research profile and career prospects. Additionally, for the purposes of journal management and quality assurance the personal data of reviewers and authors may be shared between members of the editorial board. Other than these exceptions, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to any third parties.
Exchanges will also use your information in tracking of associated items through the publishing lifecycle and notifying you of progress or required contributions (e.g. reviews, revisions requests, copy editing, post-publication feedback). It will also use it to notify you of new publications, calls for papers or key news about the journal.
You may access or delete your user account at any time via your personal profile. Alternatively, to request access to any personal data we hold on you, or to request deletion of your Exchanges user account and personal data, please contact: