Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it currently submitted for consideration to another journal (or an explanation has been provided in the submission’s Comments to the Editor). All submissions undergo originality screening before being accepted for review.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available all DOIs (preferably) or URLs (if a DOI is not given), for references have been included.
- The text is single-spaced in a single column; uses an 11-point font (Calibri or Arial); employs italics rather than underlining (except with DOI or URL addresses).
- All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in Exchange's Author Guidelines.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- Any third-party-owned material has been identified with appropriate credit lines, and permission obtained by the author from the rights holder for its inclusion in the journal.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY-NA-SA) , which allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal, permits derivative reuse (remixing) only under the same licence and prohibits commercial reuse.
If accepted for publication authors’ work will be made open access and distributed under a CC-BY-NC-SA licence, unless previously agreed with Exchanges’ Senior Editor before submission.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. (see: The Effect of Open Access)